Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Research project

One idea I had to research was how the media depicts professioal athletes who in one part of their lives did something considered wrong rather it being a sex scandal or they have used steriods or any other physical enhancing substance. Yes it is true athletes are idols and role models that people should look up to with pride and respect and should not use anything to boost their talents, but with knowledge of this why would the media do everything in their power to bring that person down. I also notice the more famous the athlete, the more blame it comes with being they let down so many fans. I will talk about athletes from baseball, basketball, and football since the major stories seem to revolve around these three sports. Most likely my presentation will be in the form of power point.

Some examples in mind I consider including are; The Michael Vick case, O.J. Simpson trial, Michael Phelps, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Manny Ramirez, etc.
I see these people as major icons and I believe most of them have the right to do what rather makes them feel comfortable or calms them down. Not all athletes who have been accused are innocent so I will include how most of them deserved the treatment they received.

No comments:

Post a Comment